Friday, February 5, 2010

Oscar nominations podcast! etc

Check it out. Dan, Morgan, and I talk about the 2010 nominees for the Spectator.

Always strange to hear my voice online, or recorded, anywhere. Not the most incredible of speeches (also I tend to use one too many "um"s), but...

Our nominees:
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. A Serious Man
3. The Hurt Locker

I was iffy about Inglourious Basterds, but I personally supported A Serious Man. Was not as eloquent as I would have wanted to be, but still kind of cool. If there's anything I enjoy doing, it's waxing nostalgic about movies I've seen in the past year, so doing this was incredibly fun. Also gave me a fresh kick in the butt for the amount of great movies that I haven't seen: Precious, Fish Tank, An Education, etc. Alas, if only I was paid to watch films all day!


Also, how incredible is this video by Yeasayer? 'Holy Mountain' meets 'Fantasia' meets indie rock? Beautiful.

No comments: