Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Adorable! + Disney List

Someone made an engagement ring box in the shape of Carl's house from Up!

Amazing!


How perfect to use the film Up for a declaration of endless love... (excuse the sappiness)

---

On the topic of Cartoons, my friend Colin wrote a wonderful review of the Disney Renaissance films (which, I hope, he will post online, somewhere, for public viewing). In my previous review of Waking Sleeping Beauty I assumed the Disney Renaissance only spanned until 1994. I was wrong, according to wikipedia, and a few other sources which I am too lazy to name. I was going to write a rebuttal review of each film, but that would require rewatching some of my least favorites. No thanks, I'd prefer never to see "Hercules" again.

So, in the name of laziness and useless listmaking:

THE NINE DISNEY RENAISSANCE FILMS FROM BEST TO WORST

1. Lion King
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin
4. Pocahontas
5. The Little Mermaid
6. Mulan
7. Tarzan
8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
9. Hercules

Let it be known that I despise the last two so vehemently because by the time of my viewing the film in mid-to-late-childhood, I already knew the original, grotesque, non-Disneyfied stories and loved the *real* versions so much more, even though Esmeralda is one of my favorite Disney heroines.

No comments: